BOTOX® & Dysport®
BOTOX® and Dysport® help to eliminate wrinkles by temporarily blocking impulses to the facial muscles that cause them
Watch the video
Receive exclusive offers and event invites
About the procedure
A very small amount of BOTOX or Dysport (a purified toxin produced by the bacterium clostridium botulinum), is injected into the muscle, causing weakness and relaxation of the muscle, improving the appearance of lines or wrinkles that the muscle action has formed.
BOTOX or Dysport not only treats the lines you have, but also reverses then and prevents future lines from forming. Patients who begin a regimen of BOTOX or Dysport early on are able to stop wrinkles and creases from developing during the duration of treatment. For those who begin later, after signs fo wrinkles and creases exist, the results is a softening and relaxation of the facial area—and a halting of additional damage while treatment continues.
Elizabeth can target specific facial areas to lift eyebrows, soften forehead lines, or diminish crow’s feet for a relazed, more youthful appearance.
Length of results
Each individual is different, but response is typically seen within 1-2 weeks after injection. Usually, the muscle action (and wrinkles and creases) will return within 3-4 months. At his point, a repeat treatment will relax the muscle and soften the lines again.
Risks and complications to consider
Possible side effects include transient headache, swelling, bruising, pain during injection, twitching, numbness, asymmetry (unevenness), temporary drooping of eyelids, or eyebrows. These side effects are rare but have been reported. In a very small number of individuals, the injection does not work as satisfactorily or for as long as usual.
Elizabeth may recommend a follow-up appointment to return 2 weeks after your treatment.
Prepare for your visit
- Stop taking medications that can thin the blood a week before treatment. Avoid taking aspirin, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, St. John’s Wort, garlic supplements, Ginko, and high doses of vitamin E supplements one week before treatment and 48 hours after treatment. Tylenol may be substituted for pain medication.
- Avoid drinking alcohol a few days before treatment.
- Do not apply pressure to the treated area(s) for 4 hours after treatment.
- Do not lie down for 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid working out for 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid chiropractic massage or eyebrow waxing for the first 2 weeks following treatment.
Find out if this treatment is right for you
Did you know you can help maintain results at home?
Medical grade products are different.View Skin Care Products